Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014

LUNCH WITH AN OLD FRIEND

I received a call today to go to lunch with a very good friend of mine, and it really brought back memories from the first year we met, about thirty years ago. We had become acquainted when she hired me to do a group reading at the beauty shop she owned. Within a few months of our first meeting, she called me totally distraught because her daughter went missing. This was the first situation I ever worked on as a psychic investigator. 

This time of year reminds me of that very emotionally trying time, as I remember spending my birthday with them (early October) while they were searching for her. 

Her and her family have remained friends of my children and I for all these years since, and we have walked many miles together. Our journey has been long and sometimes tough, but they have been very helpful to my children and I over all these years. We have not just become close friends, but more like part of each other's family. 


LABOR DAY WEEKEND

I had such a wonderful experience last weekend... I was invited to visit my late ex-husband's family at a Labor Day party. He was the father of my four children, and even though he was my ex, it meant so very much to me to be included in their event. Both of my sons and my grandson played the music, and they played as well as they used to play in years past. My brother-in-law is an attorney, so there was an eclectic mix of people, and EVERYONE enjoyed the music - country, classic rock, etc. Everyone enjoyed each other's company, and I had the pleasure of watching my boys and my grandson having fun and enjoying themselves. Even though it rained all day, it was such a wonderful time! 

I do feel that life goes full circle. I have been through many different circumstances with them, but that day, it felt like it brought it all together for me. I was treated very well, I so appreciated being invited, and it was just how things used to be. That day it felt like it brought it all together for me, and seemed to bring it all full circle. 

1 comment: